Diocese of Kootenay Archives
The Diocese of Kootenay was established in 1900. The archives were established in 1987 and are housed at the Synod office (#201 - 380 Leathead Road, Kelowna, BC). They contain written materials and photographs which directly relate to the parishes and administration of the Diocese.
To submit an Archival Search Form, click here.
For more information, please contact Kathryn Lockhart, Archivist, at 778-478-8310 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Us tab on the lower right-hand side of this screen.
Information for Parishes and Diocese of Kootenay Organizations
Sending Documents to the Archives
- Wanted for the Diocesan Archives
- How to Care for your Parish Registers
- Not Wanted for the Diocesan Archives
- Physical Preparation of Documents for the Archives
Researching the Archives
For a list of archival holdings, consult the British Columbia Archival Information Network Memory BC In the "Browse by" box, select "Repositories" and scroll down to Anglican Diocese of Kootenay.
- Canada Revenue Agency - Books and Records Retention/Destruction
- B.C. Personal Information Protection Act
Part 1 of the diary of The Rev. Canon Rowan E. Grice-Hutchinson, first incumbent of Sorrento.