Diocese of Kootenay Shield
These arms were granted by the College of Heralds on September 30, 1955. In heraldic terms, the crest is described as follows:
Ermine a pastoral staff and a key wards outwards in saltire or on a chief wavy azure a range of snow-capped mountains issuant from water barry wavy in base proper.
These arms are registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority.